What We Do
EMPOWER CHILDREN AND THEIR FAMILIES
We empower children by helping children and families. Here’s how:
- Layettes of newborn essentials, including hand-knitted items, our signature project.
- Backpacks of educational materials, change of clothing and toiletries for Head Start program.
- Community Outreach supplying clothing, coats, shoes, and basic grooming supplies for Alanson, Charlevoix, Harbor Springs, Pellston, Petoskey, and Wolverine schools.
- Christmas parties for special needs children.
- Christmas gifts of clothing, food, and toys.
- Diapers for impoverished families.
- Tutoring for elementary school children.
- Read to Me, our volunteers reading and providing books to preschool children through the local schools.
- “Showers” of clothing and supplies for back-to-school.
- Food for impoverished families during Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Camp supplies and family meals for Camp Quality Michigan kids with cancer.
- Camp and arts scholarships.
- Essential clothing and supplies for children entering foster care.
- Support of area children’s camps and programs.
- Support of a significant number of special requests.